Artists’ Legal Advice Services (ALAS) mission is to empower Ontario’s creative community through access to legal information and advice. We endeavour through our legal clinic, educational sessions, resources and copyright…
Search the databse
Browse all articles
- Overview of Defamation Law in Ontario
- National Network Update
- Report on the National Network of Legal Clinics for the Arts
- ALAS’ Statement in Solidarity with Black, Indigenous and All Racialized Communities in Ontario
- COVID Economic Support Benefits
- Federal Government Proposes Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB)
- Canadian Musicians – Survey on the Impact of COVID-19 – Deadline March 27
- Emergency Income Support for Individuals Who May Not Be Eligible for Employment Insurance (Including Self-Employed Creators)
- Support Resources for Creators During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Complete a Survey to Help Develop a National Network of Legal Clinics for the Arts!
- Intellectual property primer
- Why are contracts important?
- What is in a contract?
- Written vs verbal contracts
- How do contracts work?
- What is a contract?
- Copyright collectives
- Copyright is divisible
- What is copyright?