Get your tickets here!
Date: Monday, November 4th, 2019
Location: The OCAD Centre for Emerging Artists & Designers
115 McCaul Street, Toronto, ON M5T 1G1
Time: 6:00 p.m.
This installment in the Legal Intersections series will focus on how to set up a professional practice. Vandana Taxali will cover topics including:
· Legal Structures - Advantages & Disadvantages
· Setting Up Your Business Considerations
· Definition of Artwork in the Copyright Act
· Tax and accounting considerations
· How to enforce invoices from clients that don’t pay your invoices
· + More!
Copyright © ALAC.
Welcome to Artists’ Legal Advice Services. We provide free summary legal advice to artists living in Ontario, Canada. Our offices are located in downtown Toronto.
For almost three decades, ALAS has been helping artists, actors, musicians, dancers, writers, and filmmakers address their legal problems.
We typically assist with issues relating to contracts, defamation, copyright, trademarks and royalties or other payments.
Please note that free summary legal advice is provided by appointment only. Please contact us to make an appointment. There are no drop-ins are allowed.